Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas is Coming.................


So Mike and I finally started our Christmas shopping. I was going absolutely stir crazy knowing that I had not even started the long task of Christmas shopping. Usually by now I am completely done. I had surgery on November 27th and I expected to be up and running by the following week. Unfortunately I under estimated major surgery! Although, after talking to many others who had similar surgeries as the one that I had, I feel very lucky and blessed to be moving around the way that I am now. Thank GOD that he made our bodies to heal the way they do. I am posting some of our Christmas pics that we took while decorating our tree. The girls where such great helpers and of course Blake could not wait to get his little hands on that tree. Children............They are so fun and entertaining to watch. Last year Rylin really could have cared less about Christmas decorations. This year, she was very territorial. She made herself a nice pile of ornaments and would not allow any of us to touch them. Then she would proceed to neatly place them on the tree. The funny thing was that she bulked them all together on one branch until the limb was practically touching the ground. When I tried to move them Mike quickly stopped me and reminded me that she was very proud of the placement of all of those ornaments and that it was beautiful and we should leave them where they had been placed. It was a great reminder to me. Leave the little things alone. Some times it is just more important to let it go. Our way, is not always the only way or the right way! Children..........I think that I learn more each day from them than they learn from me.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

You are so right Shannon. I have a hard time just "leaving things alone." I can be such a control freak, and I don't want my kids to grow up remembering what an overbearing mother they had. Thank you for the reminder to let them have some of their own decisions. (Bennett puts all the ornaments grouped together too!) Your family is so beautiful. Congratulations!!