Friday, June 13, 2008

Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!

On our deck


On our way to dinner!He made this one


It did not make this one





So.....It has definitely taken me a wile to get back to you all in regards to my anniversary, but let me just say "Wonderful"! So when Mike showed up we loaded into the car and began our journey north. At that point I thought we might be going to Mt. Shasta, but you never can be to sure with my husband. I was right. We made our way to Mt. Shasta and stayed in a beautiful little chalet up there right on the Lake Siskiyou. We got there around 6:30 or so and stopped by the local grocery store to pick up a few things. We picked out a great bottle of Cabernet for the evening along with some snacks. We checked into our room at the resort, changed into our swim suits and took a nice relaxing jacuzzi. Although it was a community jacuzzi meant for all of those staying in the chalets, there was no one in there at the time we where using it. It was very nice. We actually went to bed pretty early. It's funny when it's just the 2 of you and all you can think about it how exciting it is to sleep through the night. The next morning we tried our hardest to sleep in........ya right!!! We woke up around 7:30 relaxed on the deck that was literally right on the water and went and had a great breakfast at the resort. We had an 11:30 T time to play 18 holes of golf. Yes, yes, I do golf! Never thought I would but I actually really enjoy it and it's something that Mike and I enjoy doing together. It was the most beautiful golf course I have ever seen. We had so much fun just talking and enjoying each others company. I love it when you have absolutely no concept of time. It's a beautiful thing!! We spent about 5 hours on the course and then went back to our chalet and relaxed. At 7p.m. we went to our favorite restaurant up there, Mike & Tony's, and had a wonderful dinner. The next morning we cooked breakfast in our chalet and ate it down by the water in our P.J.'s. At one point over the weekend while we where standing in our chalet looking at each other and falling in love all over again, I couldn't resist myself. I had to stop and ask Mike, "do you hear that?" as he replied in a very serious way, "no, what? What's wrong?". I said"Silence, I hear nothing but silence." It was an amazing weekend that made me appreciate my babies SO, SO much more when I returned on Sunday! By himself,my husband is wonderful! But with God, our marriage is extraordinary!!!!!

No comments: