Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day! It is a beautiful day here. I am really looking forward to the weekend because that is when Mike and I are going to have our Valentine's Day. We actually have a babysitter for all 4 children on Saturday. For those of you who are close to our family, you know that is very rare for us to have alone time without ALL of the children. Mike has planned something for us but I know nothing! I like it that way! Mike has always been a very thoughtful man when it comes to romance and surprises. And I absolutely love it!!! While I was at work today I found myself daydreaming about our trip to Fort Bragg 6 years ago. Mike planned a whole weekend get away for the 2 of us. It was Valentine's Day on Friday and we had a beautiful dinner at the cliff house resteraunt, (MMMMM Lobster, my favorite). After diner we walked on the beach and talked for hours. The next day we had a late breakfast and then moved on to the botanical gardens. Now if you have never walked through a botanical garden, it is a must. It was raining but we said "what the heck". We walked through the gardens in the rain and out to this amazing rock point. This place is like a fairy tale. It is 120 acres of gardens and it walks right out to a rocky ocean point. We stood on the point while the waves crashed up against the rocks and it was like magic. The rain stopped and a small break in the clouds appeared out of no where. A sun beam shot straight down through the clound as if it where putting a spot light on us. At that very moment Mike got down on one knee and proposed. OH! It still makes my heart pound. The greatest thing was.....I had absolutely NO idea that he had been planning this. He had already gone to my dad and other members of my family to ask for their blessing the week prior. We where married 3 months later and the rest is history.

LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH!!
MAY THE LORD BLESS YOU!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

We don't usually celebrate on Valentine's Day either. We are going to go out this weekend too. We are more practical that way, so we don't have to fight the crowds! Hoping you have a wonderful time together on Saturday!